Tuesday 6 March 2012

Kentridge

Wow,
I just made it to the back of the Autumn edition of Broadsheet and got hit in the face by an ad for a William Kentridge exhibition at amci, 'Five Themes'......

I haven't been very aware of Kentridge as an artist but a quick bit of googling revealed I am familiar with quite a bit of his work. It's absolutely stunning... I am writing this in an actual hurry so I can get back to googling him and his images (moving and still) and make a time to go see this exhibition with my posse.

8th March- 27th May Open daily at acmi, Fed Square
www.acmi.net.au/kentridge

His work looks to be my perfect combination of feeling, meaning, impression and execution. Dreamy yet not so obtuse and abstract that it's a closed door. There's an off kind of humour in there too. It's very, very  much my cup of tea.

I'll see you there.


One of his animated works

Random Works


1 comment: