Monday 28 November 2011

Looking Forward

I am getting excited and caffeinated this morning.. listening to the album so far.
It's really coming along. It's beginning to walk and talk and sing all by itself.
I watched the ARIA awards last night, having been many times it was quite nice to experience the TV version from the comfort of my lounge room.
It's an exciting time for local pop music.
New Pop as I call it, heralded by Gotye, Kimbra and the like, is such a refreshing take on commercially viable popular music.
Smart but heartfelt, not auto-tuned to death, catchy but not mind numbingly repetitious, not the lowest-com-denom courting faff we unfortunately begin to expect of chart toppers.
Stuff with attitude and gravity. Stuff with personality and risk.

I'm thinking it's a good time to rejoin the fold of Australian pop music.
Thanks guys.

And congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment